The following error message means that your phone is not getting the expected responses when it communicates with a particular sensor.
- There is some sort of radio interferences in your environment.
- The sensor battery is running low and you must be replaced.
- Your sensor is mechanically damaged (dropped on the floor)and behaves in a faulty way.
What to do:
- Remove the battery from your sensor using the tool provided with it.
- Reboot your phone.
- Replace the battery inside the sensor and wait for it to sync with the app.
- In case the battery is running low, make sure you place a brand new CR2032 lithium-ion battery from a good brand (Energizer, Duracell, Maxell. Panasonic, etc)
You should pay attention when you insert the batterie that the battery holder is in contact with the coin cell. That is the metal part in the battery compartment, that has to stick out a bit to touch the battery properly. You can lift up the metal part a bit with the tip of a pen (see below photo), then insert the battery with the + side facing up.
If you are still seeing an error message or notice that your sensor does not behave as expected, please send us an email using the ‘Send Feedback’ option in the app’s side menu and we will get back to you as soon as possible.